Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

bali + jogja '15.

The one question that I kept hearing every day during my ten days trip was: dateng ke sini sendiri aja? (You came here alone?) It makes me wonder if there's an existing stigma on traveling alone, but I could not care less, since I was having a great time taking control of my own trip.

The trip this year consisted of three episodes; three days job in Uluwatu, four days thesis prep-related activities in Ubud, and natural dyeing workshop in Jogja.

Briefly about the thesis prep, the trip's purpose was to gather as much skills, conversations, inspirations, and materials that'll assist me throughout this upcoming Senior year. The amazing thing is that not all of the things I've encountered and find inspiring were related to the art nor the creative industry. Something worth mentioning would be the hospitality of the locals, which makes traveling a lot better when you end up knowing more about these people and their ways of living. They become the heart of the cities you visited, and the aspect that makes foreign places to feel like home.

If you have any questions about who they are and where I've went during my trip, feel free to hit me up with an e-mail or a coffee convo invitation.

Be back in NYC by next week's Sunday.
And so I'll see you then :)


No comments:

Author

My photo
Photosynthesizing around the world.