Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2019

western lands.

Dang, I really haven't updated for awhile.

Anyways, I've moved from the house that I was in last year, and was lucky enough to be able to go to Europe for three weeks. Just came back around a week ago. It's a bit difficult to explain why I went to Europe, since it was initiated by my Jazz teacher who in fact, is still having her ongoing tour as we speak. For me it was a mix of studying Jazz in the real world –in a more Western setting, to be specific –and sightseeing as a slow traveler. I also paid my duty to the country by taking pictures for an Indonesian traditional-fusion band who got invited to Sevilla and Granada. That helped with the visa processing by a tad bit.

I had so many things that I wanted to type down last week, but as I eased in into the Ubud pace, I've let all of those fascinations float away. Well I thought maybe I'll just do what I usually did back when I travelled more often; post some images.

It's weird to state 'posting images' without relating it to Instagram these days. I like Instagram as a more casual platform for sharing images, but visual blogs gave you the freedom to post in larger sizes and stroll without having the obligation to tap 'like'.

During this trip, I've learned as a slow traveller to see things at my own pace, and not to plan so much in my personal time. I walked and observed, not only taking mindless glimpses, but really took my time to stare and geek out around autumn, even architectural/interior choices that seemed to complete the lifestyle of the warmly-dressed citizens around me. I've learned so much about myself, and listened to beautiful music, met amazing strangers, and was reunited with my beloved friends whom I haven't seen for a year or so. Meeting people in a completely different setting also gives a tinge of surreality. It's a great reminder to not take your time and money, in the present, for granted.

No comments:

Author

My photo
Photosynthesizing around the world.